In order to achieve the best road lighting design, we need to comprehensively consider the function, aesthetics and investment cost of LED street lights. On the premise of road lighting, our layout should be based on the requirements of road brightness and uniformity and LED street light equipment (efficiency, lumen output, optical angle, etc.). This article focuses on sharing the basics of LED street lights and how LED street lights meet the requirements of different lighting projects for you
Street light installation parameters
1. Street lamp installation height
It refers to the vertical distance from the center of the lamp to the road surface. Depending on the road width, the installation height is in the range of 6 to 14 meters. Generally, the greater the installation height, the less glare, the better the uniformity, and the wider the spacing between the poles. However, this also means that we will need luminaires with higher power and lumen output.
Over the past few decades, the height of the pole has gradually increased. The energy efficiency of LED lamps is increased from 50 lm/W to 150 lm/W, which is due to the improvement of lighting efficiency. Increasing the rod height can not only achieve better uniformity, but also be more economical and beautiful. Most light poles are 12 meters or more in height, and multiple lights are installed on high poles for highway interchanges.
2. Street lamp spacing
The distance between the lamppost and the lamppost. To determine the optimal spacing for street lighting installations, we need to consider the position of the poles, the size of the road grid (the distance between adjacent pedestrian crossings), the road topography, and surrounding buildings.
3. Street lamp elevation angle
It indicates the angle between the opening (surface) of the indicator and the horizontal plane. By increasing the elevation angle of the lamp on the pole, the light can be projected farther. However, it also gathered glare, which made pedestrians and drivers uncomfortable. Generally, the elevation angle is controlled within 15°.
4. Cantilever length of luminous body
It refers to the horizontal distance from the edge of the road to the center of the light source. Increasing the length of the cantilever can also increase the brightness of the road surface; however, in this case the brightness of the sidewalk will decrease. This parameter affects the level of illuminance on lanes and sidewalks. If the length of the cantilever of the lamp post is fixed, we will need to use asymmetric optical elements on the street lamp to balance the differences.
What should we pay attention to in road lighting design
In lighting road design, it is divided into road intersections, corner lighting, two-way traffic roads and two-way road design with dividing lines.
Advantages of using LED street lights
1. Low energy consumption
It has been guaranteed that many LED lighting retrofits can significantly reduce energy consumption
2. Long life
The life expectancy of LED street lights is usually 10 to 15 years, which is 2 to 4 times that of common HPS. When actually put into practice, the need to repair or support LED continuity is reduced, which means lower maintenance costs.
3. Color temperature
Shadow rendering records are the ability of light sources to accurately replicate the shadows of objects compared to ideal light sources. The enhanced color rendering makes it easier for the driver to see the object.
4. Quick opening and closing:
Unlike fluorescent lamps and high-power discharge (HID) lamps (such as mercury vapor lamps, metal halide lamps, and sodium vapor lamps), they require time to warm up once they are turned on, and the LED will immediately start in full color.
5. Reduce glare:
Directing light into the lane will reduce the amount of light directed at the driver’s eyes.
6. Higher light output can be obtained even at low temperatures:
Although fluorescent lamps are energy-saving, their light output tends to decrease at winter temperatures. This is not the case with LED street lights.
HISHINE provides high-quality LED street lights for various types of roads, highways, squares, alleys, etc. In order to provide the best lighting solution for your project, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get a free DIAlux simulation.
Why choose HISHINE?
1. HISHINE is a professional R & D manufacturer.
2. Provide one-stop service for design, lighting and installation instructions.
3. World’s top design system, easy installation and more convenient maintenance.
4. 15 years focus on glare and light pollution control.
Why choose HISHINE?
1. High lumens, saving 40% of electricity cost
2. Unique light distribution technology effectively controls glare, enhances sports comfort and the experience of watching games.
3. Separate control technology of lamps and drives increases the flexibility of the system and can effectively reduce the load on the road or light pole.
4. Advanced remote dimming function, which can automatically adjust the luminous flux output as required to meet the lighting needs of the venue.
5. HISHINE’s lighting technology surpasses traditional lighting in the past, bringing a better experience to athletes, spectators and TV broadcasts.
6.HISHINE’s constantly pursues high quality, ease of use and installation of products, saving installation and maintenance costs
7. We are not only the luminaire makers, but also designers for the comfortable light.
8. 10-year constant illumination guarantee on site.
Post time: Feb-23-2021